Page: 139-154 Author: Mazák, E., Holý, K. Key words:
The system of the management the students work on their own (SMSWO) in a school-subject in a sub-system of broader system of directing the teaching process. It has the folowing fundamental elements:
1. Study units as elementary thematical and operative units of the system.
2. Goals of the teaching demarcated according to the principles of the operalization, hierarchization, objectivization;
3. written methodological instructions as the main instrument of the control of the students’ home- and schoolwork on their own, the control being carried out by the teachers;
4. consequential and consistent back-feed;
5. perfect acquiring of the teaching goals of each study unit.
In the period 1981-1985 the SMSWO was practically verified at 12 universities, in 20 different subjects, and in 35 different varieties of the study instructions. The results were positive in 5/6. In the period 1986—90 the experiments is going on at other schools and in other subjects.
The article emphasizes the methodological work with the teacher, this being the joint between theoretical conceptions and the educational experimental practice.
The perspective is represented here by a computer which will enable to give some limits to the most serious disadvantage in the realization of this system of the management: the excessive overloading of the teachers.