(CZ) K analýze vzdělání jako systému
(EN) On The Analysis of Education as a System
Autor / Author: Bacík, F.
Klíčová slova / Key words:
In choosing our approach to investigating education as a system, the aim and the purpose of our investigation plays the decisive role. If we want to analyse education as a total system, we can choose at least three basic lines of approach, which would enable us to answer the following questions:
1. Are the curricula at our schools (and possibly other educational establishments) adequate for the contemporary and future needs of socialist society (and of individuals who will be living in it)?
2. Do the educational processes, activities and techniques in in the present-day educational system bring about desirable changes in the personality structure of the individual (in accordance with the Marxist conception of universally educated man)?
3. Does the educational system work rationally and effectively enough to produce the desired results (from the viewpoint of both society and the individual)? In keeping with the answer to the above questions we can approach education as a system: 1. with the aim of analysing the existing pattern of education and proposing a new pattern (and perhaps its main principles, conceptions, theory of creating the pattern of education etc.) primarily from the viewpoint of the present and future objective needs and requirements of society. The system of education can then be taken to mean basically its content, in other words the system of the subject-matter of curriculum.
2. The second possible viewpoint can be an analysis of activities and processes leading to the cultivation of the individual (his socialization, personalization), especially from the viewpoint of the influence of external conditions (particularly of purposeful education) on changes in internal conditions, in the personality structure of the pupil'. In this respect we can look upon the system of education as a system of purposeful formative influences and of subjective transformation of the personality structure of the individual.
3. The analysis can also be approached with the aim of investigating, appraising and optimizing the level and efficiency of the system of education, both in its external relations to the environment (or the social system as a whole and to its separate sub-structures), and in its internal structural and functional relationship. In this sense we have to do with the logic of its internal motion, the degree of coordination and continuity of the system, its possibilities and capabilities of self-regulation, its adaptability and innovation etc. In this sense we can look upon the system of education as a social object, one of the subsystems (one of the functions) of the social system. Then the author has attempted to make an internal structuration of the system of education and its environment on the above-mentioned levels and has defined the main groups of problems which can be investigated by the respective lines of approach.
Článek ke stažení v češtině [PDF]:
Download the article in English [PDF]:
Literatura / References: