Welcome to the official homepage of the Anchoring Center for Educational Research!
The Anchoring Center for Educational Research (AnCER) is a research center focusing on the development of research activities in the areas of methodology of educational research, comparative education, English as a foreign language learning and motivation, student computer and information literacy, student well-being, students’ misbehavior in schools, and the measurement of a variety of other student school-related attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors.
Predominantly, the activities of the center include:
- Application and development of both innovative and well-established methodological approaches to enhance the validity of self-report data such as the anchoring vignette method, the overclaiming technique, the analysis of response styles irrespective of the item content, and the response time analysis;
- Realization of grant research projects in areas such as English as a foreign language learning and motivation, student computer and information literacy, and cross-cultural comparison of student school-related attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors in the context of international large-scale studies in education;
- Presentation of the research findings and outcomes at Czech and international scientific forums and conferences;
- Publication of the research findings and outcomes in prestigious, predominantly international research journals;
- Cooperation with international experts from foreign universities;
- Support of research activities of students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD study programs and of post-doctoral researchers at the Department of Education.
Our Center was established in 2020 at the Department of Education within the Faculty of Education at Charles University. It follows the tradition of the Educational Research Anchors Group, an informal group of researchers founded in 2015.
Institution: Charles University, Faculty of Education
Street: Magdaleny Rettigove 4
ZIP/Postal code: 116 39
State: Czech Republic
Director: Hana Vonkova