Study Program B7507: Specialization in Pedagogy
There are three programs of study in the Music Department:
- Music Education
- Instrumental Performance – Piano, Violin
- Choral Conducting
Applicants to each program of study must successfully complete one section to the entrance examination: the audition.
The applicant will be asked to:
Sing parts of choral compositions (soprano and alto, or tenor and bass)
- Dvořák: Eja mater (from Stabat mater), with record.
- Mozart: Ave verum corpus (mixed choir a capella), with piano accompaniment.
Sight sing a simple unison song.
- Smetana: Má hvězda (My Star), Západ slunce (The Sunset, from Three women songs), with piano accompaniment.
- Dvořák: Slavonic Dance No. 8, with record.
The applicant will listen to an unknown recording and then conduct the character of the piece.
Play choral scores on the piano
- Smetana: Má hvězda, Západ slunce
- Mozart: Ave verum corpus (mixed choir a capella).
Sight Reading a simple three part choral score.